Monday, July 22, 2013

Taking Care of Yourself

Taking Care of Yourself

What do you mean?

     Your body is your vehicle. It gets you around and protects you, and it is also what other people see you in. How you look is your first impression upon people, and I don't mean you have to look cool or professional. You can simply look maintained and have such a good first impression on somebody. Back to the physical part of things, you have to take care of yourself. You have one life, one body, one limited amount of time on Earth. Why would you disregard and mistreat your vehicle through it all? It is so damn easy to maintain a simple living and maintenance, but only a few people properly do it. It doesn't even have to be a big diet and life change!

Sounds difficult to me though! How is it easy if so many people don't do it?

     It sounds difficult or challenging to you? How insanely lazy are you? Go out and buy some vitamins, drink some water, it an apple, and go to bed a reasonable time. I'm not even asking you to do any exercise at this point! Just ease into a pattern of making better decisions for your body. So, you've gone a couple weeks eating a little healthier and doing small things to improve your health? Well, now you just add one or two little things into the mix and get used to that! Go for a walk or jog, do some push ups and sit ups every night before bed, wake up and do jumping jacks, cut out something bad in your diet. There is always something you can do to improve yourself, no matter who you are. 



Is this all I have to do?

     Hell no it isn't! Your physical body is just one part of a whole system. You can't neglect your mind. Just like you need to exercise your body and feed it right, you need to do the same for your mind. 

That sounds much more difficult than working on my body though...

     Not at all! You don't even have to move to do this stuff. Read a book! Yeah, you heard right. What do intellectual, successful people do? They read. What did they do growing up? Read. You simply read a book and in the process you draw conclusions, make predictions, form opinions, and absorb knowledge. It does not matter what you read. Fiction, biographies, DIY, how to make money, mysteries, historical, newspapers, and everything else under the sun. Pick something you like, and read about it. Reading is not your only option though, not by a long shot. Do you feel strongly about something and you want your opinion heard? Okay, write about it. Do you have a vivid imagination and need a way to channel your creativity? Okay, write about it. Do you know something obscure or funny that not many people know about? Okay, right about it. Put your knowledge out into the world. It doesn't matter who you are, if you can write, someone will read it. 



What else? There has to be more for me to do!

     You have no idea. There is so much out there for you to improve, experience, donate to, learn about, and express. I am not your life coach. That isn't what I do. I like writing, it is my niche. So is the internet. That is not you though. Everyone has their own passions and goals or lack of. Do you have something that you prosper in and donate time to more than anything else in your life? If so, that might be what you need to pursue. Do you not have something solid like that in your life? Well go find something like that. I can't sit here and tell you how to do it though. I am still finding my own passion. What I can tell you is that sitting around watching TV isn't doing much for you. Unless, that is, TV is your passion. The possibilities are endless my friend.  

Thank you!

     Thank you very much for taking the time to read what I had to say. I hope that maybe you gained something from this that you didn't have before you read it. Even if it is one small thing that I said that stuck with you, I am happy. I will continue to write more, about a multitude of things, so if you liked what you experienced here, look forward to more. If not, I would love to receive constructive criticism. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment